The recent ease of restrictions, vaccination of minors, and resumption of face-to-face classes and activities have given a sense of hope and normalcy in our nation. Yet, the possibility of another surge still exists. As many Filipinos struggle with ambivalence, hope and fear intertwine amidst the changes and improvements of our nation.
With restrictions on the movement of young people lifted in the capital, primary schools look to reopen soon. And before the year ends, our government will open a nationwide vaccination program with the hopes to continually mitigate the risk and start anew.
Let us pray for the grace to perceive what God is doing. Scripture reveals how God’s heart will always beat for the lost people (John 3:16; Luke 19:10). His heart is for all people to know and experience His love.
With all the pain, loss, and trauma we have experienced during this pandemic, people’s hearts are tender and they are longing to receive the love that God is offering. We believe that this loosening of restrictions is an avenue to share and demonstrate His love. The love we have received as a church community is the same love we are to bring to the world.
One thing is certain: our God who is faithful since the beginning will continue to rally the hearts of His people to believe. His purposes and mission will continue to be unthwartable. God has not only been at work from the very beginning; He is also doing something new today! While we may still feel fear, anger, and anxiety, we can be confident that He will continue the good work that He started.
“Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?”
As believers, our response is to step out in faith at all times. We are the salt and light of the world as we respond to God’s call and mission. Difficulties may continue to shake and distract the world, but as we hope in God and desire to honor Him, we will overcome.
Let’s continue to pray with godly confidence for our nation!
- Pray that as a nation, we will respond in faith over fear (Psalm 34:4), love over anger (1 John 4:8), and hope over despair (Romans 15:13).
- Pray for provision and continued economic recovery upon our nation.
- Pray for wisdom for government leaders as they mitigate the spread of COVID-19 amidst the easing of restrictions.
- Pray that the church will see the harvest that God has opened to us in this season, especially as we gather onsite for our worship services. Pray for more workers in the harvest field (Matthew 9:37–38).
To learn more about the current situation in our nation, you can read the resources in the links below.
- Channel News Asia article on how Philippines eases COVID-19 curbs in Manila as cases fall
- Rappler article about most of our nation under Alert Level 2 until the end of the month
- Manila Times article on the lifting of the face shield policy
- CNN Philippines article about the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination for minors aged 12-17
- Philippine Star article on the possible resumption of limited face-to-face classes in universities below Alert Level 3
- Manila Bulletin article on the possible resumption of limited face-to-face in colleges, universities
Leave a Reply