During the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit, the Philippine delegation was led by President Marcos, where he advocated for policies on food and energy security, as well as climate change adaptation. And earlier this week, US Vice President Kamala Harris arrived in Manila for a series of engagements, including meetings with our national leaders on the economic and security ties between our two countries. Economic recovery through food security and strong international relations are key initiatives pursued by the current administration.
Reports state that the nation’s economy grew faster than expected in the third quarter of 2022. According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, our gross domestic product rose to 7.6% in the three months through September compared to the 6.2% estimate of economic experts.
Speak hope and blessing to our nation during this season. Let us continue to pray for the advancement of both international relations and sustenance of our nation’s economic growth.
The world economy may be experiencing a recession, but in God’s economy, we declare provision for every need. Jesus reminds us in Luke 12: “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. . . . For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them.”
May we be reminded of the faithfulness of God during this time—that He is a good Father. In Him, we do not need to be anxious, and instead, we can experience peace. God is our hope, our Jehovah Jireh who provides.
May the ultimate provision of having Christ be the anchor for every changing season.
- Pray that God’s hand will continue to be felt and seen in our nation in this time of post-pandemic recovery. May economic improvement be felt by our fellow countrymen in the days to come and may the progress continue as our nation prepares for 2023 and a post-pandemic reality.
- Pray for the action plans from the recent international meetings of our president, that they may result in more jobs, investments, and opportunities for the Philippines.
- Pray for Filipinos to see God as a faithful provider, and that they may respond in faith instead of worry, and with hope instead of fear for the future.
- Pray that we will continue to fix our eyes on Jesus and honor Him through our lives.
To learn more about the current situation in our nation, you can read the resources in the links below.
- Bloomberg article on the unexpected rise of PH’s GDP in Q3 of 2022
- Manila Times article on President Marcos’s trip to Thailand for the APEC Summit
- Philippine News Agency article about updates on President Marcos’s APEC Summit meetings
- Inquirer article on US Vice President Harris’s visit to Manila for economic security meetings
Leave a Reply