For week two of #MyVictoryStory, our ongoing blog series for Radical, we asked this question: How was the gospel shared to you, and what was so compelling about it?
Different bloggers from Victory took a stab at the question and recounted how the gospel was first shared to them.
Here are some of the evangelism stories that were shared with us. We hope that you’re encouraged to share the gospel to your family, friends, campus, workplace, and community!
- Radical Love That Demands a Radical Response. In this blog post on evangelism, Victory Fort pastor Paolo Punzalan shares what it means to leave the 99 and go after the 1.
- Bad News, Good News. In this blog post on evangelism and parenting, Jenn Punzalan encourages dads and moms to share the gospel to their kids.
- How Will They Hear? “Young or old, churched or unchurched, whatever the background, everyone needs to hear about what Jesus did for them.” Pastor Joseph Bonifacio shares the value of sharing the gospel to different people, and how it makes an impact on their lives.
- Dare to Share. Rica Peralejo-Bonifacio shares her testimony and cites two reasons why all of us need to be bold in sharing our faith with others.
- The Great Passion. Pastor Ernie Aragon of Victory Calamba poignantly writes about how God transformed his heart with regard to the Great Commission.
- Jesus is More Than Just a Ticket to Heaven. Victory Greenhills pastor Dennis Sy shares how the power and love of Christ compels him to share the gospel with others.
- The Miracle at Kenny Rogers Roasters. In this blog post, Ganns Deen recounts how he received Jesus Christ as His Lord and Savior in a fastfood outlet.
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People. Every Nation Campus missionary Em Gomez recounts how a traumatic experience paved the way for her to have a relationship with Christ.
- Open Door, Closed Heart. Discover how Sofia Paderes learned from a missed opportunity to share the gospel.
- The Perfect Christian. In this blog post, learn how Elle Cabiling turned from being an apathetic Christian to a women with a burden to reach her campus.
- The Journey of an Existentialist. Campus missionary Perci Paras shares how a relationship with a classmate also helped him have a relationship with Jesus.
- Walk This Way. Karess Rubrico shares how the gospel transformed her life and enabled her to walk with God.
- It’s Not Rocket Science. In this blog post, graphic designer Jodi Lego recounts how a simple message shared to her as a child made a lasting impact to her, even until now.
- I Shared the Gospel to my Parents . . . Dana Abad takes an opportunity to share the gospel to her parents one Sunday. Know how they responded to the invitation.
- Standing in the Gap. Yrose Lacerna emphasizes the power of prayer in reaching out to others.
- Do Campus Ministry, a blog for LifeBox campus missionaries, volunteers, and LIFE group leaders, interviews different students and leaders on how the gospel was shared to them. You can read Part One and Part Two of these Evangelism stories by clicking on their respective links.
Check out how Rey Purawan heard the gospel:
I got to know God at the lowest point of my life. I was a self-supporting student, but I had no money left. One day, I tried applying for a job at a local fast-food chain, and decided to take a different route on my way home from my job application. I saw a LifeBox center on the way, and decided to go inside.
They had a youth service then, and the pastor spoke a message that went straight to my heart. It felt like he was talking to me, and he was saying the most painful (but true) things about my life.
From then on, I surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus Christ. I got discipled, and now I’m working as a tech support staff. God is faithful!
Raul Lecaros also shares his own evangelism story through Facebook:
I used to be so lost and in need of direction. My manager, who attended Victory, reached me out and did ONE 2 ONE to me. Looking back, I believe God placed him in our company so our manager can share the gospel to us. Now, I’m leading my own Victory group. Thank God for His grace and the abundance of His love!
You can check out our previous #MyVictoryStory blog posts on Lordship. Share your Victory story with us by writing a blog post or leaving a comment below!